power management- timing

The suspend and resume entry points are called by the power management subsystem of the kernel. If the device is not used for a long time, it's suspend entry point is called by the kernel which will put the device in a suspended state (ie. de-activated state). When the device is used again, the kernel calls resume to re-activate the device. I want to know, for how long the kernel waits, before it calls the deivce's suspend entry point. Is this TIME documented anywhere in the kernel or is this information can be got from /proc as we get other information? Can anyone say how one can find this TIME?

---suresh

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/