Re: Increasing Shared Memory

> > 1. Will this changing of Shared Memory and Page Size give any qualms to
the
> > system performance or working??
>
> You can't just change the PAGE_SIZE without changing all code which
> updates the hardware page tables to set the corresponding bitfields
> which deal with that size. Note that even then, you'll only be able to
> use sizes which the underlying hardware supports - I'm not sure
> whether such AMD processors support 16K page sizes, but they might.

Yeah.... i tried to change the Page size to 16k,  Other than rebooting again
and agian.. machine did not do much  :(
Then i kept default pagesize and increased the Max shared segment size to
8Gb with maximum of 16 segments.
i was able to get shmid of 15 segments of 8GB (by shmget) but when i
attached the shared memory to two different process (by shmat) and then
tried to write on the segment i got Segmentation fault.
I also noticed that i cud not telnet to the machine.
So, is it so ....... that i cannot have shared memory segments  of 8gb ??

Vishal.