Re: memory map of Linux

On 19 Oct 2004 09:29:12 -0000, jhoney jhoney
<jhoney_joney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have one board which has U-boot and linux.

<Platform, arch, and details are missing from your original posting here>

> I found address map initialized by the u-boot, and I would like to know whether this
> address map is going to be carried to the linux during the boot time.

It might do, depending upon platform. It'll typically get passed in by
the boardinfo (or equivalent) structure for a given architecture - but
that's only a general notional idea and doesn't always translate in to
reality. Give us some details.

Assuming it's ok then your idea of using ioremap with that range is a
sane way of accessing it.

...then again, you might be asking whether the kernel's virtual memory
map is being defined by the bootloader or something like that - so
again, you need to clarify.

Jon.