Re: GPIO Info

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 02:16:29PM +0530, Vinay Salotagi wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I need to access some General Purpose I/O ports ( GPIO ), but don't have
> much idea about GPIO. I searched in the Google but couldn't get much
> information. So can any one  send me the information or the links regarding
> GPIO, like the h/w architecture,  sys calls to get the base address,   sys
> calls to read, write and change the state of GPIO ports.
> As in case of a PCI device, we  read the config space and get device base
> address , so is there any similar way in case of GPIO to get the base
> address.

There is a proposed GPIO subsystem patch right now on the sensors
mailing list.  Hopefully it will be posted to linux-kernel in a day or
so also.  That is probably what you are looking for, I suggest you take
a look at the patch to see if it will work for you or not (and if not,
please offer suggestions as to what would make it work for you.)

thanks,

greg k-h