Help - Memory Leak Issue with SCSI Stack on Linux

Hi,

I think the following issue is memory leak related but
not sure how to
narrow it down.  Your help and suggestion would be
helpful.

- Test Environment
    - RH Linux 9.0 (lk2.4) with patch 2.4.20-30.9
    - Dell 1U server with 2 SCSI disks.  The first
      one hold OS and utilities, while the 2nd one
      (Seagate ST318453LC) is the target iometer
      sends I/O to.
    - 2GB memory
    - Linux 'Hardware Browser' -> 'SCSI devices'
      shows "LSI 53c1030, Driver: mptscsih".  This
      is probably the built-in SCSI HBA but I'm not
      100% sure.  I can double check if some one
      tells me how.
    - iometer (v. 2003.12.16) and dynamo (v.
2003.12.16)

- Symptom
    run iometer on a different Windows machine, and
    dynamo (the iometer client for Linux) on the Dell
    server.  Use 'top' utility on Linux to trace the
    memory usage.  Here is what I observed:

    Time (min)       Used Memory (MB)
        0                 305
        1                 461
        2                 589
        3                 679
        4                 787
        5                 894
        6                 898
        7                 973
       10                 1087
       15                 1087
       20                 1087
       30                 1087

- Question
Can we say there is a memory leak somewhere based on
the above table?  If
not, then why the amount of used memory keeps
increasing within a certain
period of time?  If so, why the amount of used memory
stops increasing after 10 mins, and how I can trace
which layer or component
causes it?

If I understand right, the following layers/components
are involved in this
I/O test:

    - Linux upper-level (sd) driver
    - Linux mid-lever driver
    - LSI low-level driver mptscsih (if the
      built-in SCSI HBA does come from LSI).
    - Linux libs, etc.
    - iometer

Any suggestion and idea would be appreciated.

Have a nice weekend!

T.