Re: Label issue during booting of 2.6 kernel

The problem here seems to be of module [driver] only for the disk on which root
filesystem is residing. Generally, when you are using any SCSI device for root
filesystem, you've to do make modules_install and then mkinitrd for the new kernel.
But if you are not using SCSI device, then the driver for the disk is most probably
inbuilt within the kernel image. One more thing here is if you are not doing
modules_install, then you have to make sure that the code for filesystem type
[ext2, ext3 or whatever] for root filesystem is built within the kernel and not as a
module.
So for example, if your root filesystem is ext3 type, then you'll have put "y" for
CONFIG_EXT3_FS flag and not "m" in .config file.

FYI initrd gives you the starting support while booting through kernel. It contains
some modules and other things so as to bring the kernel up :-)

Leme know if this helps you.

Thanks.
Sumit Sharma.