Re: Controlling userspace daemon from kernel module

Hi cam:

Interesting problem. I found this for starting  a program in userspace
from kernel space:

http://lists.cplug.org/pipermail/cplug/2004-April/000101.html

I haven't tried it though. Maybe you can start your daemon like this
and use signals to talk from user-space to kernel-space and
/proc/whatever as an interface to communicate between kernel space and
user space? I am learning too, so correct me people if I am wrong.

Just my thoughts,

Shaks