Re: Fastest filesystem on linux

> Is it possible for you to make a ramdisk (of ext2) and install in ram?
> Since ext2 is the most closely related to vfs in linux, this should give
> quite good performance.
>
> Om.

	I have tried this....it works fine....but as i have SCSI disk it makes almost
not difference (at least no with ext2) i have now come to the problem of how
many files inside a directory can hold a fs before the directory gets too
heavy to read (as you do lots of read/write operations) my application can
generate more that 200000 files in the same directory, if this gets heavy in
rw, i could try to separate the files inside various subdirectories....

	thanks....

	Cheers....