Device Detail Specifications

Hi,

Can somebody let me know from where can we get the device specification, which are needed to write any driver.

I mean where can we find the details of devices ?

I know the manufactures have the full detail, but nomally are they willing to share those details with us.

Is there any site where we can find the details of specific devices by specific manufacture ? This site can help drivers to find the relevant information at one place.

I want to write the driver for my DELL keyboard. Where can I find its detail ?

Gaurav.