RE: VFS functions

>The solution is hard RAID-1 ;) and I think the read of md (for woft
>raid) module could help you.

Two issues with HW Raid:
- One is that we had this old NetApp lying around that we bought during the
dotcom boom and ended up never using it. Now (with tighter purses), we have
been asked to put it to use for building redundancy in the mail service
storage.
- A mirror disk would need the OS to be brought back up if the OS crashed.
With the whole data on a NFS server, I can temporarily configure another
mail server to receive mails for that domain and mount the directory on it.

Jan's suggestion of an overlaying fs seems interesting.

Thanks for the feedback,

Siddhartha