Re: Calling sys_mlock() from within a driver

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 00:27, Timur Tabi wrote:
> I have a driver that needs to call sys_mlock().  This function does
> exactly what I need, which is why I want to call it.

That sounds really really broken for a driver to do.

> I'm having trouble with the kallsyms functions.  Depending on which
> kernel tree I look at, I can either use kallsyms_lookup() or
> kallsyms_symbol_to_address().  I can't seem to find any documentation or
> examples on how to call these functions.  For instance, what should I
> use as the first parameter to kallsyms_lookup()?

I assume your driver is GPL licensed, right ? ;)
If so, can you give us a URL so that we maybe can suggest alternative
implementations ?

(if it's not GPL and you're using kallsyms to find symbols... well.....
that is really really thin ice you're skating on there)