Calling sys_mlock() from within a driver

I have a driver that needs to call sys_mlock(). This function does exactly what I need, which is why I want to call it. However, it appears that I'm fighting some kind of battle with the kernel developers. Every time I come up with a technique to find the address of this function, something changes to break that. I'd really like to know why.

I'm having trouble with the kallsyms functions. Depending on which kernel tree I look at, I can either use kallsyms_lookup() or kallsyms_symbol_to_address(). I can't seem to find any documentation or examples on how to call these functions. For instance, what should I use as the first parameter to kallsyms_lookup()?

Does anyone have any code examples for these two functions that he can share?

-- Timur Tabi Staff Software Engineer timur.tabi@ammasso.com