Re: RE: How to link the module ?

  Hi,
      here are some details about emulation (-m flag) :-

A linker emulation is a "personality" of the linker, which gives the linker default
values for the other aspects of the target system. In particular, it consists of
1. the linker script
2. the target
3. several "hook" functions that are run at certain stages of the linking process to
do special things that some targets require

The command to list valid linker emulation values is "prefix-ld -V". In this case
command would be :-
$ ld -V

Sample values: "elf_i386", "i386linux", "coff_i186", "coff_m68k".

Ways to specify:

command line option: "-m"
environment variable LDEMULATION
compiled-in DEFAULT_EMULATION from Makefile, which comes from EMUL in
config/target.mt

Basically ld looks for some emulation settings and If  the  -m  option  is  not  used,
the emulation is taken from the "LDEMULATION" environment variable, if that is
defined. Otherwise, the default emulation depends upon how  the  linker  was
configured.

Regards,
Sumit Sharma.