What happened to try_to_swap_out()?

Hi,

I'm porting our driver from 2.4 to 2.6, and during the development for 2.4, one of the other software engineers discovered a possible bug in try_to_swap_out() in mm/vmscan.c. I don't have all the details, but it's something about that function swapping out reserved pages, which I presume it shouldn't do. Because of this bug, we had to implement a work-around in our driver.

Anyway, I'm trying to determine if that bug still exists in 2.6. We'll run tests, of course, but I wanted to look at the code to see if the problem is still there. Unfortunately, that function doesn't exist in 2.6, and I can't figure out what it's replacement is. Obviously, there is no single replacement function, but I was hoping someone could give me a quick rundown as to where that code went.

--
Timur Tabi
Staff Software Engineer