depmod:unresolved symbols

Hi,
in a project directory i have two modules
hook.c,
hookmain.c
and
common header file
common.h for both modules,
which defines (means common.h )
asmlinkege void croutiene(),

hookmain.c has a line
request_module("hook")
which executes  this croutiene updates one queue,
which is used by hookmain module

in /etc/modules.conf
i had written
keep
path[misc]=/home/project
but the error is after depmod
unresolved symbol in hook.o
unresolved symbol in hookmain.o
why it is so?
my question is can we share the data structue across
modules this way?
and if order of modules loading are neccessary,
and i also i defined and declared one routiene
in common.h,and invoking that routiene from both
the modules using pointers to that routiene,
is it OK.