Re: VM help?

Try hooking up with the kernel janitor project. You won't be doing high
profile work...just janitorial work on the kernel, help backporting
features and APIs, etc. However, if you are interested in understanding
the Linux kernel and becoming familiar with it, get involved.

http://kerneljanitors.org/
http://kerneljanitors.org/TODO