kmalloc_in_driver

Hi all,
My device driver has fifo which is basically linked
list,i had written a test program which
writes 10000 times to device driver,
the driver everytime executes 'kmalloc'
for new item whenever device write method invokes
and stores the data item in list.

my question is that as it is giving segmentation fault
i have checked every pointer carefully,
is any memory constraint upto which kernel allocates
memmory for driver,
and my test program is mlock in memory but its user
space program,
but is there any limit beyond which kernel not
allocates the memory for driver

and second question is in 2.6   kernels ,
is it possible to interrupt the timer0 handler when
its executing normal schedular code,i mean to say
is is it the case that timer0 is interrupted by some
other interrupt and thus delaying the execution of
timer0 interrupt.
thanks in advance