try_to_release_page doubt

Hi:

  Im experimenting with the Linux 2.4.18 kernel and Im finding that when I
execute the page_launder_zone() loop twice successively in the same
kswapd loop, the try_to_release_page() fails to free buffers.

   Does anyone know what's happening here?

   Is it because there is a timing problem  in  buffers getting writte out ?
   Is there any way I can ensure that the buffers can be written out
immediately?

Thanks a lot,
-----
Anand.

PS: Pls cc it to me since Im not on the list