RTCore and RTLinux

Hi, folks,

I happen to read some white papers related to RTLinux. Below is some of my
personal thoughts.

* RTLinux's so called realtime extension-RTCORE  **was* to address the
previous issue--Linux is not realtime supported, for example, fully
kernel-preemptive; posix realtime extension.

* After linux 2.6, I did not see any outstanding reason that people still
need to use a RTLinux **patch** to achieve realtime applications.

* From os/kernel viewpoint, it is very hard for me to position RTCORE, but a
realtime patch. I mean, RTCORE is not able to be identified into any
well-known os architecture.

* If there is a very high performance micro-kernel, say, L4 or QNX/Neutrino,
I personally think it is much better than the RTCORE stuff, which HAVE TO
bind a secondary os as running time environment.

Some personal thoughts,