Re: low_delay_interrupts?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 08:31:17AM -0800, prasanna wakhare wrote:
> this calculates to 1ms at which jiffies are incerment
> in interrupt handler routine for timer interrupt!
> if one have to generate same periodic interrupts at
> extremly small delays like say 20 micro second ?

I think the kernel timer interrupt should not be generated too
frequently, because there would be too much overhead from the timer
handling routines.

If I had to use the kernel timer for such frequent interrupts I would
add a software counter to the interrupt service routine that scales the
frequency at which do_timer() is called down to 100 Hz (or what's
appropriate for you). This way your code in the timer ISR can execute
more frequently without affecting the kernel, except of course for the
overhead of the interrupt as such.