From: kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 9:53 AM
To: Newbies
Subject: Sound Programming.

hi all,
            i had sent a similar query before. Now, the problem i have
is something like this :
            i use OSS sound programming guide as a reference.
            i use the API given in <linux/souncard.h>
            i set the number of channels to one (1) Mono. /* ioctl calls
*/
            i set the sampling rate to 11025
            i set the sampling format to Unsigned Little Endian .
            Now i record sound for sometime using read() and play it
back on my system using write() it works fine.
            I write the recorded sound (data) to a file through my
program and i copy the file to another system.
            I try playing it there it gives me a loud noise . The reason
i'am sending this query again is that many people had rightly
           pointed out that i hadn't set the Channels/Format/Sampling
Rate (then) . But now i have done all this but it still
           seems to me that the problem persists. Could anyone help ?

Thank you.
-Amith