ip_route_output_key

Hi,
I am capturing a packet on pre routing hook
of eth1 interface and modifying the ip header,
including ip addresses. I xmit the packet using
dev_queue_xmit. So I need to build the skb->dst
entry to get the hw addr of the next hop using
arp_find. I am calling ip_route_output_key with
the rtable entry being (struct rtable*)(skb->dst)
and pointer to rt_key with the values of dip sip
tos being set in host byte order. I am expecting
the routing entry to be made in to the skb->dst.
 But this function returns failure. It is a packet
that is to be forwaded so the dip and sip can
never be ip of the interfaces.
Can u please tell me if the proceedure followed
is correct or ne changes to be made. Kindly make
a cc of my address as I am not part of this
mailing list.

V.V Suresh Kumar

IndiaInfo Mail - the free e-mail service with a difference! www.indiainfo.com
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for mail storage, POP3, e-mail forwarding, and ads-free mailboxes!