From: kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org]On Behalf Of threadhead@web.de
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 12:30 AM
To: kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.x kernels - use of exported symbols/functions

> Filling a sk_buff is much related to the
> protocols used. I think we need to make
> use of the protocol specific kernel API's.

> Driver allocates a sk_buff using the kernel
> API dev_alloc_skb and fill appropriate fields.
> It places the received data in one of the field
> ( "data" I suppose ) of the sk_buff, ...

do you know of the kernel API functions that are used to built a sk_buff?

i am interested in where the kernel actually fills the struct sk_buff that
is about to be transmitted by the
network card.
the struct is not filled in the driver level, because (i believe) the driver
already gets a 'ready-to-take-off'
sk_buff that can be send.
maybe the function that calls the xmit() function of the corresponding
driver, builts the sk_buff.
but actually, i dont know for sure.

there must be a function or several that are responsible for the correct
filling of a sk_buff struct, depending
on the desired packet, like syn or rst flag set.

hope i've made myself clear enough.

best regards
__
Nachrichten, Musik und Spiele schnell und einfach per Quickstart im
WEB.DE Screensaver - Gratis downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110