Re: 2.6.x kernels - use of exported symbols/functions

Hi,

On Monday 09 February 2004 04:09, threadhead@web.de wrote:
> well in fact, i wanted to use my local network card's start_xmit function.
> so i made a function ptr to the memory region where
> the function resided.

All the network devices are strored in a linked list
with the head node dev_base.

dev_base is a global variable of type struct net_device *
and should be accessed using a read/write lock, dev_base_lock.
(If in uniprocessor machine lock doesn't matter).

Parsing through the list u can find the appropriate network
device ( one way is identifying by the name such eth0,..
in the name field).

And then can make use of the function pointer
hard_start_xmit in the structure net_device.

Hope this helps you....

Regards,
Shine Mohamed