Re: Maximum size for sk_buff?

--- RogersWilliamJ@aol.com wrote:
> I am writing a network device driver and would like
> to pre-allocate receiving
> sk_buff's to save time.  In order to do this, I
> would like to allocate
> maximum sized sk_buff's.
>
> Does sk_buff have a maximum size?  If so, what is it
> and is there a reference?

http://docs.mandragor.org/files/Operating_systems/Linux/Linux_Device_Drivers_2nd_Edition_en/ch14.html#t6

  According to this link, it seems that skbuffs might
want to be allocated in DMA capable area, which IMHO
is limited to the first 16MB of the address space
(This might not really be an issue for non ISA buses).
Also, elsewhere in this page I remember having read
that usually drivers get the packet size before having
to allocate the data.
  Also in an effort to save some time allocating the
buffers when the data is ready, you might end up
having a large buffer used only partially. You might
want to think over regarding this approach.

=====
Regards,
Kiran Kumar Immidi