how to apply ARM patch over kernel source

Hi all,
i'm running a RH 9.0 (kernel ver- 2.4.20-6) on
my intel PC. I have downloaded kernel 2.4.18-14
and wish to apply the ARM patch over it. I got a
patch file "patch-2.4.18-rmk1.gz" from ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/source/kernel-patches/v2.4/
I extracted the source under /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-14/.I also
kept the patch file here. then i went into my linux source dir
i.e /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-14/linux-2.4.18-14. here i ran
the command zcat ../patch-2.4.18-rmk1.gz | patch -p1 to apply
the patch. here it said something like HUNK failed and then
a prompt came - File to patch:
i prompted it to skip the patch. I noticed that i kept asking me this
for all the files under the arm dir of my linux source. I presumed
all those will be missing as i have a intel mac. finally after
applying the patch(i don't know wether i did it right) i ran
- make clean
- make dep
- make bzImage

it failed on make bzImage saying no rules to make target "bzImage"
and said there was an error in some mmu_emu.h file (file name cud be incorrect.
sorry don't remember it!).

on the ftp site from where i downloaded the ARM patch there were a lot of files
for 2.4.18 kernel ver. like patch-2.4.18-rmk2.gz, patch-2.4.18-rmk3.gz
the number after rmk was from 1 to 7. In order to successfully apply the patch
do i have to dowload all these files???
and are those prompts that came while applying the patch OK???

NE help's appreciated
mandeep