From: kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@nl.linux.org]On Behalf Of Shesha
Sreenivasamurthy
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 3:21 AM
To: kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org
Subject: pthread creates one extra thread

Hi All,
  I Have the following small code for creating threads.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <pthread.h>

void my_func_1 (void *arg) {
        while(1) {}
 }

int main() {
  pthread_t thread_1;
  pthread_create(&thread_1, NULL,(void*)& my_func_1, NULL);

  while(1) { }
  exit(0);
}

gcc -lpthread -o thread test.c

I expect to have created 2 threads. But when I do ps -ef | grep thread I
see 3.
Say If i use pthread_create and create one more thread, then instead of
3 I see
4. Does any one know what is the reason for this behavior?

Any help is highly regarded.

-Shesha