Disk driver for apple PMAC (Specfically Xserve)

Hi,
I need to port the hard disk driver available in linux
to my own RTOS. And, I want to run my OS on Apple
Xserve platform. Since, Apple doesn;t provide drivers,
I thought I can pick it up from linux and port it.

Obviously, linux code is so generic and many levels of
abstraction. Did anyone try porting hard disk driver/
other drivers from linux for Apple PMAC Xserve
platform to different operating system. It looks like
seperating the driver from driver looks like humungous
amount of effort.

Appreciatre any suggestions, pointers, help.
Thanks,
Sakthi