accessing my modules functions from userspace

hi
I have recently started to create a realtime ARCnet protocol and
implement it as a linux kernel module. Sofar it works fine, can be
loadet and my testapp (another module) works fine to.
Now I want to make the functionality available to a program in
userspace. I have functions like bind,connect, recieve and send (ofcause
with non-conflicting names) and these are in a module of it's own.
I thought that I by including the headerfile for the module in my
userspace app, then I could access them that way (the functions are
declared as extern). However I found out that this is not the case.
So what should I do now? how do I access my module from userspace?

Best regards and thanx
Kim Schulz,
Department of Control engineering,
University of Aalborg,