tcp implementation in linux kernel

Hi all!!
I'm new here! Nice to meet you all!
Here is my question: I have to modify some algorithms in tcp implementation
of the linux kernel. In particular I have to modify the exponential backoff
algorithm and the slow start algorithm to improve the performance of tcp
over (etherogeneous) networks wired-wireless. In this kind of network the
round-trip time of a packet is an order bigger than wired-only networks...
So what kind of books, or how-to, or tutorial should I read to apply the
algorithm we elaborate to linux kernel?? I don't mind if documentation is
related to old versions of the kernel, because I only have to test tcp
performance, not kernel at all...
If you already know where I have to put my hands in the kernel source, just
let me know:) And if you want to help me in testing... You just need and tp
public server!
Thanks
Vincenzo Caruso
--
|| //
||// _|_   kerush@shaduzlabs.com
|| \\

Messaggio spedito con [shaduz:MAiL 1.8a]