Re: Do I need kswapd if I don't have swap?

Thanks for the reply, James!

James> intresting this is your printf's dont line up with what has
James> been printed.

Are you suggesting that the fprintfs are not being flushed?  Why do
you think this would happen?

James> What should really happen is that something should be killed by
James> the kernel's oom killer or the malloc should fail.  But if its
James> overcommiting the malloc will never fail.

My process is not being killed, because I have disabled the OOM
killer.  What I really want to do is set
/proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory to 2, but the problem with that is bash
won't even execute normal programs, even though I have 32MB of ram!