From: Paul Smith
Sent: Wed 10/22/2003 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [ilug] use cvs udftools means what

... On linux, you can type info cvs on most systems to get the info
manual.

It sounds like you want to extract stuff from a cvs archive. [To] do
this from scratch, you'll need to perform the following steps:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:user@server:path

Where :pserver: indicates your connecting to a CVS password server
(there are other options here as well).  user@server tells CVS where to
find the server and under what name to log you in as.  For anonymous
downloads, the standard username should be "anonymous" or "anoncvs"
(legacy for DOS versions of CVS).  The server is the server where the
archive is stored and the path is the full path on the server where the
archive top level directory exists.  For example, anonymous download
from my server would use:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@www.diabetikware.org:/home/cvs

You'll need to determine the server name and path for the project you
want to checkout.

cvs login
(Simply press enter at the password: prompt for anonymous download)

cvs co project

or

cvs checkout project.

In your case this is probably

cvs co udftools

Note that CVS is non-locking, therefore checking out a file is identical
to getting a file.  Note that a CVS pserver uses port 2401 so you will
need access through port 2401 on [your] firewall.  To freshen a project
directory that's already been downloaded via CVS, setup your CVSROOT
variable and type "cvs update" from the project's top level directory.
For a revision history, type "cvs log" from the top level directory.

---

I also confirmed that Mac OS X Developer includes a version of cvs, so
personally I can try more than one firewall in hopes of finding one that
tolerates cvs.

Pat LaVarre