Re: Need to do a research project in linux kernel.

Shine Mohamed <shinemohamed_j@naturesoft.net> writes:

> Now I got one year of time to complete my project. I am really looking for a
> research oriented project.
> I would like to building a new featured OS or something like that. Or
> rebuilding the Linux kernel to add some functionalities which I would prefer.
>
> Any way I'll select a project in two weeks of time.
>
> Please give some suggetions and guidance upon this.

I'd suggest looking at the papers from the very recent Ottawa Linux
Symposium.  These papers show some of the most interesting and
practically-applicable work that's going on today.  Perhaps more
importantly for you, they point out critical areas of work that have
not yet begun.

  http://archive.linuxsymposium.org/ols2003/Proceedings/

--
--Ed L Cashin            |   PGP public key:
  ecashin@uga.edu        |   http://noserose.net/e/pgp/