Re: dentry and vfsmount

> I have a dentry pointer, and I'd like to get its canonical absolute path.
> I've noticed the function d_path (in include/linux/sched.h) but, it request
> a vfsmount argument. Unfortunatly, I only have a dentry. So where can I get
> the vfsmount arg ?

Little patch here (it's from Linus) will allow __d_path to take a NULL
vfsmount pointer.

Ok, thanks, I'll try that :)

Still in the same area, I need to get the dentry in my module from a path, so path_loohup() seems to be appropriate. But when I try to insmod the module, it says the symbol is path_lookup() not defined (but it is present in System.map).

2 "bonus questions" :
- what is the difference between /proc/ksyms and System.map
- what does the macro FASTCALL means ? (I've seen its def but dont understand it).

Thanks for the help,

fredxvii