Re: boot a simple "Hello World" message using bootloaders

Excuse I forgot to say in the previouse mail that the README file are in italian. When I finished this phase of study I can translate them for you and summarize my experiences on the argument.

Anticipating a Reply wrote:
Hi ,

  Nice to know that you have worked out to
understand the boot process better .

  I would appreciate if you could share
with everybody what you did exactly , the
code you used and finally what all you
understood .

  This would be of great help to the newbies
out here on the list .

Cheers !

 --- Koala GNU <koala.gnu@tiscalinet.it> wrote: > Hi
all,

I have studied in these days the boot process and in
particular
bootsect.S (dropped in 2.6). I have started printing
a simple "Hello
World" at boot time (I am using bochs for tests) and
then I continued
adding more and more things. I almost understand how
it works.

Now I want to start using a bootloader like lilo to
create my boot
image, a simple main c file that print "hello world"
using either direct
access to video ram or int 0x10.

Does someone of you know the step necessary to do
that?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Bye

--
Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux
kernel.

Send free SMS using the Yahoo! Messenger. Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/new/pc/