Re: vfs inode objects

Hi,

inode and file objects are allocated via the kernel object cache, see
http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/ch07.html#t2
for details.

The max inode number depends on the underlying filesystem. You can
usually configure
the inode number during filesystem creation.

You probably meant the file table when talking about requesting
processes?
This table is limited by the max_files value, that is the max number of
files that can be
accessed at the same time.
Use:
echo NEW_MAX_VALUE > /proc/sys/fs/file-max
to change this value.

bye,
stefan