boot a simple "Hello World" message using bootloaders

Hi all,

I have studied in these days the boot process and in particular bootsect.S (dropped in 2.6). I have started printing a simple "Hello World" at boot time (I am using bochs for tests) and then I continued adding more and more things. I almost understand how it works.

Now I want to start using a bootloader like lilo to create my boot image, a simple main c file that print "hello world" using either direct access to video ram or int 0x10.

Does someone of you know the step necessary to do that?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
Bye