qt apps and xmms crash on 2.6.0-test1

Hi,
I compiled and installed 2.6.0-test1 a few days ago and have a few
problems. The most serious one is that _any_ qt program and xmms
crash with a segmentation fault while loading. I have checked
/var/log/messages and /var/log/XFree86.log but there is nothing
seemingly relevant there (no oops's or anything else).

I first configured my kernel from scratch. Since that did not work, I
did a make oldconfig on my 2.4.21 kernel configuration. I then made
the necessary modifications as mentioned in the post haloween
document. Both the configurations have the same result. I can use xmms
and qt programs on my 2.4.21 kernel though.

Also, in my /var/log/messages I get messages that the following
modules could not be found:
char_major_180
char_major_188
char_major_4
nf_pf_10

I have been told that char_major_180 (and 8) have to do with USB
devices. So I have enabled USB support and UHCI support and USB serial
converter support and USB devices support as modules. I have also been
told that char_major_4 has to do with tty devices. I have compiled
SERIAL_8250 as part of my kernel image it self so I do not know why it
should need to search for the module. I do not know what nf_pf_10
corresponds to although I guess it has to do with iptables. I have
compiled _all_ the iptables options as modules.

I am using Redhat 9 and have updated my modutils and made a change to
/etc/rc.sysinit as mentioned in the post-haloween document.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on?

Thanks,
	- Apurva