IO-APIC-EDGE -> IO-APIC-LEVEL Reassignment.

Dear all,

I've just installed 3 Gigabit Ethernet cards, in three machines, all running
Redhat Linux 8, Kernel 2.4.18-14.

On the two older machines, the cards work fine, and are reported as XT-PIC
in /proc/interrupts.

On the newer machine (SMP, twin P4, 64bit PCI slot), the card only works in
the transmit direction.

/proc/interrupts reports that 0 interrupts have occurred for this card, and
states that the interrupt is
IO-APIC-EDGE.

The troubleshooting guide for this card (SMC9462SX) states that the
interrupt to should be level
triggered, not edge triggered. But the manual is mainly from a Windows point
of view so makes no mention of how to change it.

I've had a quick look through some books, but cant find anything either.

So, how can I reassign this interrupt as being IO-APIC-LEVEL?

Many thanks,

Ed

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.