Re: seeking patch personality list

>   2.5.69-bk19   dunno.  BitKeeper?

Yep, bitkeeper.

>   2.5.70-osdl1  ?

osdl is the Open Source Development Lab.  They recently released a patch
allowing a kernel to be loaded again immediately after shutdown, which
effectively reboots the machine without going through the usual BIOS
stuff.  I'm sure they've done other, more exciting things, but I don't
know what.

The most interesting tree is probably Andrew Mortons anyway, it seems to
generate the most discussion on lkml, and Andrew himself is one of the
most active 2.5 developers, as far as I can make out.

Personally I run 2.4.20 with the -ck patch, Con Kolivas' backports of
2.5 improvements to 2.4, though I can't say I've noticed any performance
difference compared to vanilla 2.4.20.

If you want a really interesting patch, and you've got a few spare
boxes, try openmosix (openmosix.sourceforge.net) - it allows processes
to migrate from one box to another, for load balancing/fun/profit.

-kev

--
    There is nothing more attractive to a woman than a stable man
    with a 9 to 5 job.