KGDB error.

Hi,

I was trying to set up a pair of test and development Linux machines
so that I can debug the kernel changes that I am making.

For this I did all the stuff needed:
1. Compiling the test kernel with kgdb patch.
2. Setting serial connection thru null modem cable between test and development machine.
3. Putting the test kernel on the test(target) machine.

Now on booting the target machine with test kernel, I am getting it to stop with message
"Waiting for connection from remote gdb ..."

But the gdb session started on the development machine is not able to contact the target
kernel. Its giving following error:

(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS1
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS1
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout

I tried various combinations of baud rates, but with same result.

If anyone has used kgdb to debug linux kernel, please throw some light on this error.

TIA,
Deepankar.