Re: Software Interrupt to invoke IP input function.

Hi Vivek,
	Thanks for your help.  Vivek I'am trying to build a Asynchronous
Socket Package Inside the kernel for asynchronous communication.  Thats
the reason I'am worried about the software interrupts.

As you might know that the process which invokes sendto() or recv()
functions(BSD Socket Interface) gets blocked until each of these
functions return. But my idea is not to block the process until it
completes the sending or receiving the packet.  I want to make the process
still run and execute a method defined by the user according to the
semantics of the asynchronous sockets.

Vivek It would be really great if you could give me some sought of insight
and tell me how to change these things inside the TCP/IP implementation.

Reguards
Vamsi Krishna