Re: kernel compile problems in SPARC CPU

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 12:18:34PM +0800, Peng Bin wrote:
> and restarted..
> It looked ok then suddenly
> Fatal error : Image too large to fit in destination.
> Image not found. Try again.
>
> I booted into the old kernel and tried zipping
> my vmlinux and renaming the zipped file to
> vmlinuz-2.2.20  modifying silo.conf and restarting.
> I then got:
> Decompression error: Uncompressed image too long - wouldn't fit into
> destination. Image not found. Try again.

gzipping your kernel doesn't change anything.  You need to build less
options in by either not selecting config options, or using modules.
And it is normal that the bzImage target does not exist.  Use vmlinux.
For Sparc related kernel problems, you might want to try mailing
sparclinux@vger.kernel.org.

Regards,
Rob Radez