Re: sys_call_table [again]

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 08:09:04PM +0000, Leon de Beer wrote:

> - We bought a number of PCI Conexant ADSL modems which "should" work under
> Linux

Maybe you should have bought something else :)

> My question to this group is about the code that Tony Bassas posted in his
> posting:
>
> http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/2002-12/msg00266.html
>
> My problem is that I am not sure how to use it. I'm not familiar with the

Do not do that. Get the Red Hat kernel source, and you should be able to
revert the patch that removes sys_call_table, and rebuild the kernel.

Red Hat hid the change inside the patch called
"linux-2.4.1-compilefailure" for some bizarre reason. Basically you need
to re-add

EXPORT_SYMBOL(sys_call_table);

to kernel/ksyms.c

You might also need to add before that :

extern void *sys_call_table[];

Then rebuild your kernel, reboot, and you should be good to go.

regards
john