sys_call_table [again]

Hi,

I've been searching the web for the last few weeks trying to find a solution to my problem. The background:

- I run a number of RedHat 8.0 boxes (kernel 2.4.18-14)
- We bought a number of PCI Conexant ADSL modems which "should" work under Linux

The drivers for these ADSL modems are not very well supported and there is no version available that doesn't use "sys_call_table".

It's become obvious that in RedHat 8, sys_call_table is no longer exported and I understand the reasons why. I have been trying to find a way to get this situation revoked and to date without success.

My question to this group is about the code that Tony Bassas posted in his posting:

http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/2002-12/msg00266.html

My problem is that I am not sure how to use it. I'm not familiar with the ins and out of the Kernel architecture and don't really know where to start implementing it. I have the kernel source and know how to create a new kernel, so it's just some guidance with implementing the proposed code that I would like some help with. I appreciate the that I'll end up with a non-standard Kernel but it appears that besides throwing all my ADSL modems away, that's the only choice I have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Leon de Beer