Re: A puzzy of init_netlink (/net/netlink/netlink_dev.c)

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 22:26, madsys wrote:
> hi all,
>
> 	A puzzy boring me now...
> 	In init_netlink() (/net/netlink/netlink_dev.c), at first a character device named "netlink" will register in the root of devfs and then a directory also named "netlink" will be made in the root of the devfs. There are many devices will register in the "netlink" directory subsequently.
>
> 	I have checked the /dev , only the "netlink" character device registered.
> 	Who can tell me that when the "netlink" directory can be made? and why only the "netlink" character device registered?

After just a quick glance, it looks like it creates /dev/netlink as
a char dev and then tries to create /dev/netlink as a directory.
Assuming I didn't miss something, the directory creation can never
be successfull as another file of that name already exists.  You could
try renameing one of the "netlink"s to something else and see what
happens.