usb reset questions

Hi,

I have a USB device that when claiming a device must load a firmware patch, reset the device, and then force a re-enumeration with new descriptors loaded by the patch. In one case the device will actually need to get claimed by a different driver. I have managed to get the patch loaded and the port reset, but I'm still not clear on how to get rif of the old descriptors and force the usbcore driver to start over. I saw the example of reset in devio.c, but this only reclaims the same interfaces as before. The reason for all this is that the patches implement OEM specific features and have different sets of interfaces. We are also using this platform to implement a camera prototype for the upcoming Video Class, and I would like to use this prototype as a start to a real class driver, so I prefer to have a reprobe grab it instead of the original driver. So my question is, how can I get this driver disconnected and still make usbcore grab a new descriptor set and reprobe?

Steve
--
Steve Miller
Software Engineer