Allocating pages for process

Hi,

I am trying to create a new virtual memory area for a process (struct vm_area_struct)
that is not mapped to a file (ie, vma->vm_file = NULL).

I already managed to create a VMA by mapping a file using the do_mmap() function similiar to what is
done in SYSV IPC shared memory implementation.

But i dont want to create a VMA by memory mapping a file.

I want to allocate physical pages by using alloc_pages() and associating those pages with the
the VMA that I created.

i know how to create a VMA and add it to the process address space, i also know how to allocate physical pages.

but not sure of how to setup the physical-virtual page mappings..

could anyone tell me what i am missing here and kernel functions for doing the same.

	john