Re: IDE for kernel code

Hello

I also suggest id-utils package.  It contains mkid and gid.
mkid will build a database of your kernel tree.
gid will "grep" the kernel tree for pattern matches.  Its equivalent to
doing find . -type f | xargs grep foo but does it against a database
instead of file by file.  ie. it is much faster.

id-utils has lots of other utils as well.

JD

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           nitin panjwani        |
|         |           <nitin_rpr@yahoo.com> |
|         |           Sent by:              |
|         |           kernelnewbies-bounce@n|
|         |           l.linux.org           |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           01/20/2003 04:57 PM   |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  |       To:       Seth Arnold <sarnold@wirex.com>, kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org                                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: IDE for kernel code                                                                                      |

Hi Seth,
Thanks for such a good information.
Well, I haven't used any of these before. I am using
nedit, which is very simple, but not poweful enough. I
will like to pick randomly one which is light and very
easy to use and extensible.

can you please suggest one...I will take your words.

Thanks,
Nitin

href="http://freescope.sourceforge.net/";>freescope</a>,

href="http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/emacs/etags.1.html";>etags</a>,