Re: About Compact Flash...

I did agian tried what you have mentioned as quick procedure but still it hangs after showing L on the screen in the boot procedure.
And comments..

Thanks
Dp

Mario Lopez wrote:

I have used Syslinux myself to make bootable floppy disks, the procedure is the same for floppy and for CF disks as long as the CF is recognized as a block device in Linux (if you use CF to IDE adapters this is an easy task), check the FAQ at Syslinux web site.

For a quick procedure:

The CF device must be MSDOS formatted (mkfs.msdos over the CF device will do), mount the device and copy a kernel image (bzImage file), the image file you created containing the root filesystem, the ldlinux.sys (you can find it in the syslinux distribution) and the syslinux.cfg file (check Syslinux FAQ to know how to create it), umount the CF device and exec syslinux over the CF device and there you have your bootable CF.

Mario.
Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/
FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/